Finally we were able to meet again - and what fantastic meetings they were. This year it was more obvious than ever that Elmia Subcontractor is the place where business begins. Inspirational conversations, targeted visitors and new business were at the forefront throughout the fair’s four days.
One word was on everyone's lips during Elmia Subcontractor 2021: Finally. All the contacts, meetings, fist bumps – were finally a reality again. A testament to how important personal meetings are to starting up a long-term business relationship.
Jukka Kivelö, General Manager, Sales Unit Scandinavia at Ovako, was surprised to see so many visitors and left Elmia Subcontractor feeling very positive.
- We had exactly the right visitors to our stand and we are very happy about that. I can't help but be pleased. Ovako is active in the steel industry and everyone knows that there is currently a shortage of steel. We made a lot of new contacts who wanted to talk to us about the market situation. We are really satisfied and will definitely be back next year, he says.
Once more, the corridors were bustling with activity. Curious visitors and dedicated exhibitors. Everything that has been missing over the past two years. Time and again, our visitors and exhibitors stressed the need to mix and mingle.
- It was great, on the first day alone we had three or four high profile visits which were perfect for us: visitors with a purpose. There is a much greater need to meet physically, says Anna Falk, sales manager at Falk's Metal in Gnosjö.
This year the focus was on the exhibitors. World-class exhibitors who, for many years, have made Elmia Subcontractor a must-attend event for the entire industry. Now, after almost two years of suppliers and buyers not being able to meet, it is fantastic that this year’s fair has been able to act as a kind of reboot for the new normal - and ultimately ensure that the Swedish manufacturing industry remains competitive globally.
- We made some great contacts this year and the visitors excellent. Those who visited us were top class," says Jan Anderssson, technical sales manager at Stokvis Tapes.
He also highlights the breadth of Elmia Subcontractor and the international aspect, which has given Stokvis Tapes a big boost abroad. It's not just a Swedish or Nordic fair, but a truly international one.
- We have been around since the 1980s and we have more and more international visitors. We are represented in 36 countries, so it is easy for us to refer an international customer to our local sales representatives in the country in question. Thanks to Elmia Subcontractor, we have been able to grow globally," he says.
Elmia Subcontractor is also an arena for inspiration and making new discoveries related to the future of the manufacturing industry. At Subcontractor InnoDex and Subcontractor Tech Arena, the focus was on sustainable materials and smart industry. Throughout the week, there was also a live digital programme addressing the biggest challenges facing the manufacturing industry.
- We are now receiving enquiries from industries that are completely new to us, such as technology companies and games manufacturers. Elmia Subcontractor is a great place to meet and a great way to get a picture of the world around us. You get a good feel for what companies are doing and what they see as their future," says Frida Granstrand, co-owner and marketing manager at Liljas Plast.
-The manufacturing industry has a strong pulse and the recovery is strong, but there are, of course, challenges ahead. For example, subcontractors need to work more closely together to secure their supplies. Elmia Subcontractor creates the conditions for this cooperation to thrive, says Johanna Bjurevik, exhibition manager.
Facts: Elmia Subcontractor 2021
Number of visits: 9 652
Number of exhibitors: 770
Number of countries represented: 28