There is great potential for Swedish agriculture in the future if we manage to handle the climate change, while reducing climate impact, increasing environmental benefits and protecting biodiversity. On Elmia Agriculture's day of inspiration, we highlight some of the areas that need to be developed.
When: Thursday, February 11, 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
Was: Congress House, Elmia
Participants in the conference are farmers, advisers, officials, the media and others interested in food production's connection to the climate.
The program is under construction, but we see that the following areas will be included:
- Water management, irrigation
- Climate-smart operating management
- Sustainable plant nutrition
- Plant breeding / Crops to grow in a changed climate
- Fossil-free agriculture
- Cultivation system (eg Conservation Agriculture)
- Soil fertility / carbon storage in the soil
- Reduced nitrogen losses, reduced nitrogen leakage
The morning lecture will be together and the afternoon is divided into two parallel lecture tracks: Water management and climate-smart agriculture.
Do you want to give lectures during the conference?
We also have some lecture sessions available, so if you have an interesting topic that you want to share, don't hesitate to contact us. The preference during the morning is about 30 minutes and the afternoon session is about 40 minutes including questions.